Sunday 30 December 2012

My creative side…


Since I have started my new job I feel like I am not using my creative head. I do a ‘creative’ job but I just don’t feel like it is ticking my creative boxes… I am the girl that sits in cafes doodling people or gets excited about an old warn leather chair. I can’t sit and watch the telly without doodling or making something!

I have three sewing machines, two knitting machines and an over locker that generally one of them is involved in one or another project! I buy clothes that I think ‘oooh’ that would be a good shape to copy to make a dress from. I get bored with my cushions and then in the spear of the moment decide to churn out a whole new range that evening…often ending up going to bed in the early hours covered in bits of thread, but happy that I have made them my self!

I come from a family where we do it ourselves, whether it is pumping a bathroom, converting a house or making beautiful quilts, even making a dog feeder powered by twitter…yes we are a family of do it yourself!

So even though I have my little projects on the go all the time, I feel like I need to do something! I’m torn between two evening classes Life drawing or pottery…They both are completely different and I used to love life drawing back at art college, and I always think if you can draw the body and get proportions right it should help you with your general drawing. 

But then how lovely would it be to have random homemade pots about the house. My Dad used to make a lot ceramic bits when he was in college and so we have them about the place at home. I like the fact that you will not find another one like it. When I was little we used to have a potters wheel in the garden shed, maybe this is me just wanting to get my hands dirty and make something new?

Well I have to wait till after the New Year to try and see if there are any spaces left but fingers crossed! It could also be a great way to meet new people?


No comments:

Post a Comment