A floor that sparkles and shines and just cost's pennies (probally lots and lots) I love the mix of old and new, the contrasts add to the sparkles! This has to be the best floor ever, and a fairly easy DIY job?
I'm guessing (but don't quote me...maybe do a bit of research if you want to do it)
- Clean and prep the floor, remove any old tacks and rubbish bits
- Check the quality/ level of the floor... if you need to use self leveling concrete.
- Sweep the floor again to clear and dust.
- Put down a floor glue, in sections.
- Lay out the pennies in random order (or a pattern if you have loop OCD)
- Wait for the glue to dry, grout the floor and wipe clean.
- Wipe, wipe and wipe again...
- Allow the grout to throughly dry.
- Coat the floor in a couple of layers of polyurethane varnish and let it dry rock hard!
It's a fun way to add abit of a difference to a room... texture, colour and sparkle!
Check out this website for more info on doing your own... www.thepennyfloor.com