Monday 18 November 2013

Magazine racks with style...

Are magazine racks a thing of the past? Some how when you even say magazine rack it seams dated... but people still buy magazines... what do they do with them? Leave them in a pile next to the sofa? Read them and chuck them away?

I am one of those sad people who keeps my living etc magazines all stacked up with their white spines on a shelf... looking pretty and full of inspiration ready for future flats and my dream home...

But magazine racks seam to have had a bust of excitement in the design world, a fresh take of inspiration...

This design is clear and functional but I think the little man reading the paper isn't needed, I'm guessing if the rack was full then you wouldn't see him anyway. A cute and fun design though...

Designed by Ramon Middlekoop and Chris Koen.

This is definitely a taking point... I think it would be great in the right minimal home. I like the way that you could add in extra 'shelves' and new layers. The leather straps give it an almost industrial look. The chunky straps would hold a huge amount of weight, the issue would be having the right wall fixing. I think its a fab design...could be quiet easy to make yourself.


This is a contemporary style design,  I like the way that you can keep your page you were have way through reading a article. I wonder how many magazines that you could hang on the rack till it fell?


How fun is this cute shelf and magazine/book holder... definitely a great piece for any kids room or living room with style. I love the chunkiness of the wood and the mix and match colours, it almost 
gives the dog character.


This has to be my favourite design by far, fun and functional... just what good design should be. This could be a spare set of guests and gives a easy way of displaying magazines...imagine all the white spines of the living etc magazines stacked up looking pretty. Also they wouldn't get half as dusty being stacked up here as they would on a shelf! Love this... a stool that grows with inspiration.

'hockheimer' from sutkutusu

Over the weekend I was debating getting rid of all my magazines...
 but I think now I will keep them and make a stool!

1 comment: